Five free online marketing tips
Skip to comments | Posted in uncategorized
They say you can't get something for nothing - well that's not always quite true! We've come up with a list of free services to help market your business online:
- LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com a social networking site for business. Once you've joined you can link up with other contacts and this helps you build an online network. You can post your profile, skills, employment history and so on.
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com I'm sure you will have heard of Facebook in the news, and most people use if to find friends/family etc. But you can also set up a 'company' page for business use.
- Free Index - http://www.freeindex.co.uk A popular free online business directory.
- Twitter - http://www.twitter.com A place where you can regularly post short (140 characters) status messages. This could be on a particular topic relevant to your business area. If you get lots of 'followers' (people who subscribe to your messages) this can help you become an authoritative voice in your field. It can also help with networking as you can link up with other contacts. Why not post a promotional discount code in one of your 'tweets'?
- ECadamy - http://www.ecademy.com not a quite such an elegant website, but it can be useful for online networking.
Top tip: be sure to link back to your main company website from the profiles you create.